Composition: Rabeprazole 40mg, Domperidone 30mg SR
Rabeprazole: It is a proton pump inhibitor that inhibits gastric acid secretion and is taken orally in the form of its sodium salt.
Domperidone:- It is antiemetic medicine that increases the movements or contractions of stomach and bowel.
Mode of Action:-
Rabeprazole:- Rabeprazole belongs to a class of anti secretory compound that do not exhibit anticholinergic or histamine H2-receptor antagonist properties, but suppress gastric acid Secretion by inhibiting the gastric H + K + ATPase at the secretory surface of the gastric parietal.
Domperidone:- It is specific blocker of dopamine receptors. It speeds gastrointestinal peristalsis, causes prolactin release and is used as antiemetic.
Indications and usage:-
- It is used to treat excessive stomach pain
- Used in adults to promote healing of duodenal ulcers
- Use to treat symptoms of Gasteroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- It is used to prevent stomach problems such as nausea and vomiting associated with certain medications used to treat Parkinson’s disease
- It improves symptoms of nausea and vomiting, bloating, and feeling of fullness.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Weight gain or loss
- Yellow eyes
- Increased thirst
- Dark urine
- Abdominal cramps
- Rash and itching
- Dry mouth