capsules Pantoprazole 40mg, Domperidone 10mg SR
Composition:- Pantoprazole 40mg +Domperidone 10mg SR
Pantoprazole:- Pantoprazole is a drug that belongs to the class of drugs called proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) protonix is used for the treatment GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) stomach (peptic) and duodenum ulcers.
Domperidone:- It is antiemetic medicine that increases the movements or contractions of stomach and bowel.
Mode of Action:-
Pantoprazole:- Pantoprazole is to inhibit the final step in gastric acid production .In the gastric parietal cell of the stomach, Pantoprazole binds to the H+ /K+ ATP pump to inhibit gastric acid and bansal acid secretion. The binding prevents acid secretion for up to 24 hours and longer .
Domperidone:- It is specific blocker of dopamine receptors. It speeds gastrointestinal peristalsis, causes prolactin release and is used as antiemetic.
Indications and usage:-
- It is used to treat stomach problem.
- It also used in esophagus problems.
- It used in heartburn.
- Used in difficulty in swallowing
- Persistent cough
- It is used to prevent stomach problems such as nausea and vomiting associated with certain medications used to treat Parkinson’s disease
- It improves symptoms of nausea and vomiting, bloating, and feeling of fullness.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Dark urine
- Abdominal cramps
- Rash and itching
- Dry mouth