Rabeprazole and Levosulpiride capsuled sustaind release
Composition :- Rabeprazole, Levosulpiride
Rabeprazole: It is a proton pump inhibitor that inhibits gastric acid Secretion and its taken orally in the form of its sodium salt.
Levosulpiride: It is substituted Benzamide antipsychotic. It is also claimed to have mood elevating properties.
Mode of Action:-
Rabeprazole:- Rabeprazole belongs to a class of anti secretory compound that do not exhibit anticholinergic or histamine H2-receptor antagonist properties, but suppress gastric acid secretion by inhibiting the gastric H+K+ ATPase at the secretory surface of the gastric parietal.
Levosulpiride: It reported to be a selective antagonist of dopamine D2 receptor activity on both central or peripheral levels. It is an atypical neuroleptic and prokinetic agent. It is also claimed to have mood elevating properties.
Indications and usage:-
- It is used to treat excessive stomach pain
- Used in adults to promote healing of duodenal ulcers
- Use to treat symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- It is used to treatment of:
- Negative symptoms of schizophrenia
- Anxiety disorders
- Nausea and vomiting
- Weight gain or loss
- Yellow eyes
- Increased thirst
- Dark urine
- Changes in libido
- Neuroleptic syndrome
- Galactorrhea (flow of milk from breast unassociated with childbirth)