Pharma Pcd Franchise of Mefenamic acid 50mg paracetamol 125mg suspension
Composition:- Mefenamic acid 50 mg, paracetamol 125 mg suspension
Mefenamic Acid: It is an NSAID. It has analgesics, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic properties, used to treat mild to moderate pain.
Paracetamol: Paracetamol is a pain reliever and fever reducer.
Suspension: It is a cephalosporine type antibiotic used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections.
Mode Of Action :-
Mefenamic Acid: It involve inhibiton of cyclo-oxygenase(COX-1) and cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) . It is a potent inhibitor of prostaglandin synthesis in vitro.
Paracetamol : It is a weak inhibitor of the synthesis of prostaglandins (PGs).However, the in vivo effects of paracetamol are similar to those selective cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitors. Paracetamol is thought to relieve pain by reducing the production of prostaglandins in the brain and spinal cord.
Suspension : It works by stopping the growth of bacteria.
Indications and usage:-
- It is used for the relief of pain and inflammation in rheumatoid arthritis.
- Decrease pain and blood loss from menstrual periods
- It is used for the relief pain such as headache, toothache.
- It is used to reduce fever and cold.
- It is used for influenza, joint pain and periods pain.
It is used to treat wide variety of bacterial infections:
- Skin infection
- Bone infection
- Genitourinary tract infections
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Dark urine
- Jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
- Stomach upset