Composition :- Vitamin k 75mg,Calcium carbonate mg, calcitriol 25mg ,Folic acid 100mg and zinc sulphate75mg
Vitamin K :-It activates proteins that play a role in blood clotting, calcium metabolism and heart health.
Calcium carbonate: It is dietary supplement used when the amount of calcium taken in the diet is not enough .Calcium carbonate also is used as an antacid to relieve heartburn ,acid indigestion and upset stomach.
Calcitriol: Calcitriol is the active form of vitamin D , normally made in the kidney.A manufactured form is used to treat kidney disease with low blood calcium , hyperparathyroidism due to kidney disease.
Folic Acid :- It is also known as folic acid, folacin and vitamin B9. Folate in the form of folic acid use to treat anemia caused by folate deficiency.
Zinc Sulphate: It is dietary supplement which is used to treat zinc deficiency and to prevention the conditions in those at high risk.
Mode Of Action:-
Vitamin k : It is a new carbanion model that copy the proton abstraction from the gamma position of protein bound glutamate. This is the essential step leading to carboxylation and activation of the blood clotting proteins.
It is a basic compound that acts by neutralizing hydrochloric acid in gastric secretions .subsequent increases in PH may inhibit the action pepsin. An increase in biocarbonte ions and prostaglandins may also confer cytoprotective effects.
Calcitriol :The active form of vitamin D binds to intracellular receptors that then function as transcriptions factors to modulase gene expresion like the receptors for other steroid hormones and thyroid hormones , the vitamin D receptor has hormone binding and DNA binding domains.
Folic Acid :- Folic acid is needed to make DNA and other genetic material and for the synthesis of RBC. It is important vitamin that is needed for proper development of human body.
Zinc sulphate: There are several mechanism of action of zinc on acute diarrhea , some of which are specific to the gastrointestinal system. zinc restores mucosal barrier integrity and enterocyte brush border enzyme activity.it promote the production of antibodies and circulating lymphocytes against intestinal pathogen.
Indications and usage:-
Vitamin k :
- It is used to prevent or treat low level of certain substances that your body naturally produces.
- It is used to prevent or treat unusual bleeding by increasing the body’s production of blood clotting factors.
- It is used to prevent or treat low blood calcium level in people who do not get enough calcium from their diet.
- It used in weak bones (osteomalacia)
- Decreased activity of the parathyroid gland (hypoparathyroidism)
- It may also used in pregnant women
- It helps to control parathyroid hormone and the level of certain minerals e.g. calcium phosphorus
- It is also used to treat calcium deficiency (hypocalcemia)and metabolic bone disease in people who are receiving diagnosis
- Calcitriol is also use to treat calcium deficiency in people with hypoparathyroidism caused by surgery , disease or other conditions.
Folic Acid :
- Improve floate deficiency.
- Effective for serious kidney disease.
- During pregnancy reduces risk of neural tube defects.
- Reduces the risk of developing age related vision loss.
- Reduces blood pressure
- Iron deficiency
- Weak bones
Zinc sulphate: It is effective for:
- Zinc deficiency
- Peptic ulcer
- Acne ,skin lesions
- Age related vision loss
- Burns ,bed sores
- Common cold
- Depression , weak bones , pneumonia
- Complication during pregnancy
Vitamin k : It has very few side effect:
- Allergic reaction
- Breathing trouble
Calcium carbonate :
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea and vomiting
- Dry mouth
- Fast or slow heart rate
- Abdominal pain
- Skin reactions
- Sleep disorders.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Stomach pain
- Changes in taste
- Low good HDL cholesterol