Composition: Methylcobalamin 1500mg, Benfotiamine 10 mg, pyridoxine hcl 3mg, Folic acid 1500mg, Biotin 100mg
Methylcobalamin: Mecobalamin is a form of vitamin B12. It is differ from Cyanocobalamin in that the cyno at the cobalt is replaced with a methyl group.
Benfotiamine: Benfotiamine is a synthetic S-acyl derivative of thiamine.
Pyridoxine: Pyridoxine is form of vitamin B6 found commonly in food and used as dietary supplement.
Folic Acid:- It is also known as folic acid, folacin and vitamin B9. Folate in the form of folic acid use to treat anemia caused by folate deficiency.
Biotin: Biotin is also known as vitamin H or vitamin B7 that helps the body metabolize fats, carbohydrates and protein.
Mode of Action:-
Methylcobalamin:- Protein bound vitamin B12 must be released from the proteins by the action of digestive proteases in both the stomach and small intestine. Gastric acid releases the vitamin from food particles ; therefore antacid and acid blocking Medicaton may inhibit absorption of B12.
Benfotiamine: Benfotiamine is more easily absorbed by the body and oral administration results in higher thiamine and ThDP blood levels in animals than an equivalent dose of thiamine.
Pyridoxine: Pyridoxine is converted in erythrocytes to pyridoxal phosphate and to a lesser extent pyridoxamine phosphate , which act as coenzyme for various metabolic functions affecting protein, carbohydrates and lipid utilization.
Folic Acid:- Folic acid is needed to make DNA and other genetic material and for the synthesis of RBC. It is important vitamin that is needed for proper development of human body.
Biotin:- It plays role in the kreb cycle ,which is the process in which energy is released from food. It also helps with the transfer of carbon dioxide.
Indications and usage:-
- It can used pathology arising from a lack of vitamin B12 intake
- It is used in the treatment of peripheral neuropathy diabetic neuropathy
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- It can help restore thiamin levels
- It help to prevent consequences of deficiency , such as nerve, heart, and brain conditions.
- It may aid in the treatment of anxiety and back pain
- It is used to prevent or treat low level of vitamin B6
- Liver diseases
- Overactive thyroid
- Heart failure
- It is needed to maintain the health of nerves ,skin, and red blood cells.
Folic Acid :
- Improve floate deficiency.
- Effective for serious kidney disease.
- During pregnancy reduces risk of neural tube defects.
- Reduces the risk of developing age related vision loss.
- Reduces blood pressure
- Iron deficiency
- Weak bones
- It is used for preventing or treating deficiency associated with pregnancy
- Long term tube feeding
- Rapid weight loss
- Also used orally for hair loss , skin rash in infants ,mild depression
Methylcobalamin:- Common side effect:
- Hair loss
- Weight gain
- Decreased blood pressure
- Upset stomach
- Loss of appetite
- Decreased folic acid
- Sensory nerve damage
- Abdominal pain
- Skin reactions
- Sleep disorders.
- Muscle pain
- Skin rash
- Hair loss